SSI specifications not free to download from this page are available for evaluation by non-members. Please read the Evaluate Specifications page prior to requesting specifications.
Developer Specifications for Registered Users
If you are a member of SSI and would like to view or download specifications, please log in and click Docs/Spec Downloads > Developer & Test Specs on the Members' Menu (left side of the page) to view and download released specifications.
Specifications Free to Download
Electronic Bays (chassis)
- SSI Micro Server Specification Rev 1.1.0 - Free to download. (246.58 kB) Learn more about the Micro-Module Opportunity in this presentation.
Specifications for Evaluation
SSI Blade Specifications
- SSI Compute Blade Specification 1.0.1 - A set of standard hardware and management interfaces for the creation of SSI-compliant modular server platforms
- SSI Compute Blade Mezzanine Specification 1.0.1 - Defines the interfaces between the compute module, the midplane, and plug-in mezzanine card for SSI-compliant modular server compute modules
- SSI Chassis Management Module (CMM) Specification 1.0.2 - Defines a set of standard hardware and management interfaces for SSI-compliant blade server platforms
- SSI Ethernet Base Midplane Design Guide 1.0.2 - Defines criteria for creation of key areas of SSI-compliant midplane/backplane
- SSI Ethernet Midplane Electrical Specification 1.0.0 - Defines electrical requirements for the printed circuit board (PCB) design of a mid-plane supporting SSI blade and switches with emphasis on the electrical design of the high speed fabrics.
- SSI System Management Guide 1.0.0 - defines a set of management interfaces for the creation of SSI-compliant modular server platforms.
- SSI Switch Management Specification 1.0.0 - defines the requirements for management of SSI-compliant I/O switches used in an SSI-compliant modular server platform.
- SSI External Management Specification (Dashboard) 1.0.0 - defines the requirements for management of SSI-compliant modular server platform.
SSI Blade Compliance Specifications
Test specifications are listed in the Blade Specifications folder under Documents > Developer Specs on the Members' Menu. You must log in to access these.
- SSI Compute Blade Compliance and Interoperability Test Specification 0.9 - SSI Compliance and Interoperability (C&I) test specification for Blade Modules and optional Mezzanines
- SSI Switch Module Compliance and Interoperability Test Specification 0.9 - SSI Compliance and Interoperability (C&I) Test specification for Switch Modules
IBM Switch Specs
SSI Switch Specifications - defines the set of standard hardware and management interfaces for the creation of SSI-compliant I/O switches used in an SSI-compliant modular server platform.
- Content in this section requires that you accept a Membership Agreement. If you have already accepted this agreement, please login to view this content.
- SSI Switch Base Specification 2.43 - specifies the mechanical, electrical, logical, management and functional aspects of Switch Modules for compatibility with SSI-compliant chassis platforms and related subsystems.
- SSI Switch SERDES Specification 2.43 - describes the high-speed signals that go through the SSI-compliant midplane to support the design and specification of SSI-compliant daughter cards, blades, and switches.
- SSI Switch VPD Specification 2.43 - specifies the fields and values to be used in the Vital Product Data (VPD) EEPROM in a blade switch.